Environmental Code of Ethics
The upper Bay of Fundy is a special and unique ecosystem. With its salt-water marshes, extensive mud flats and huge tidal ranges, the upper Bay plays a vital role in the health of the entire Bay of Fundy. Through example and interpretation FreshAir Adventure attempts to convey its philosophy and practices regarding the environment.
- The environment is for the enjoyment of all.
- Individuals have a role and a responsibility in protecting the environment.
- The wilderness and its ecosystems should be left in as pristine condition as possible.
- Others who follow, have the same right to enjoy wilderness settings without seeing evidence of those who have come before.
- Environmental awareness can be taught through example and instruction.
- Buy locally and support other sustainable practices.
- No disposable items such as Styrofoam cups are used on any of our adventures.
- Whatever is taken on tour is returned.
- Organic material from tours is returned to our home base for composting.
- Reusable cloth bags are used on tour for carrying food etc.
- Clients on multi-day trips are instructed on safe and appropriate personal hygiene while on the trip.
- Low impact camping techniques are practiced on all multi-day trips.
- Numbers on multi-day tours are limited to ten for tour enjoyment and minimal impact on the environment.
- We use local and regional products.
- Interpretation often includes information on the ecology of the Bay.