Frequently asked questions
We hope you will find the answer to your question below – but if not – don’t hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When are you open for business?
We are open from the third week in May to the middle of September. Reservations and inquires can be made anytime on our 1-800 line or by email. During the winter months, you will reach a voice mail. Leave a message and we will be pleased to get back to you.
Is there parking at your home-base?
Most of our clients park in our parking lot. More parking is located across the street from our property. Those on our multi-day adventures leave their vehicles in parking spaces back of our building for the three days they are away.
Is French spoken on any of your tours? Many of our clients are from Quebec. We have a bilingual guide on tours for guests whose first language is French so that instruction and interpretation can be provided in your language.
Can I rent a kayak instead of going on a guided tour?
No, we provide only guided tours which includes the rental. Kayaking in our area must be timed around the tides and those on their own could be stranded at low tide. Weather and sea conditions on the Bay are changeable and our guides are well trained to make the necessary decisions for the safety of our clients.
Do I need to reserve for our adventure?
Yes – reservations are required for all tours. If outside of the Moncton/ Alma area call us on our 1-800 number or contact us by email: email@example.com. Check out the details for registering for one of our multi-day adventures.
What are the departure times for your half day and day adventures?
- Half-day Adventures
: From mid-May to the end of September our half-day adventures depart several times a day. Contact us for reservations and meeting times. See our Half-day Schedule in our tours section.
- Day Adventures : Our day adventures go on demand. During certain times of the season a minimum of two is required. Since the meeting times for our tours vary because of the tides, we will provide you with a time to meet at our home base when you contact us for reservations. It is important that visitors arrive on or a bit before the designated times. New Brunswick is in the Atlantic Time Zone. Visitors entering New Brunswick from Ontario, Quebec, and the United States must turn their clocks ahead by one hour. See our Full-day Schedule in our tours section.
What is your cancellation policy?
To provide quality service to our clients, we require reservations for all of our adventures.
- Day / Half-day Adventures: Reservations for half-day or day adventures can be confirmed with a credit card number although no deduction is made from the card until after the tour. Because of the high demand for its tours, Freshair Adventure requires a cancellation 24 hours prior to the tour. Otherwise the card is charged 50% of the cost of the tour. Full cost of the tour is deducted for no-shows. There is no charge if FreshAir Adventure cancels a tour because of weather and sea conditions. If your guides decide to cut a tour short for safety concerns, the price of the tour may be adjusted accordingly.
- Multi-day Adventures Cancellation Policy (Multi-day tours requires a 50% deposit at the time of your booking, full payment 14 days prior to the tour) A cancellation 15 to 30 days in advance- full refund will be extended, less $100.00 administration fee. A cancellation 1- 14 days in advanced – no refund will be extended. Cancellation by FreshAir Adventure (for safety considerations or insufficient numbers) – full refund will be extended.
How many people go out on one of your tours?
Our tours numbers are generally small. We maintain a ratio of one guide for 5 clients on our day tours. The maximum number on a multi-day tour is ten, though on average the group size is smaller than this.
I have never kayaked before. Can I still go out?
Our tours are designed with the novice in mind. This doesn’t meant that the more experienced paddler won’t enjoy our tours as well! We have a large fleet of doubles and many beginners prefer the stability of a double. For those who wish to paddle in a single, our single kayaks are stable without compromising performance
I have a 5 year old – can she go kayaking with us?
Children as young as three have participated in our day tours. They sit in the front of a double, or in the centre cockpit of one of our triples.We do not recommend the participation of children under the age of 15 on our three day multi-day tours.
Do you take children on your multi-day tours?
We do not recommend that youths under the age 15 participate in “Kayak the Phenomenal Fundy Tides”. However our “Fundy Park Coastline” tour is suitable for children. Contact us for details and arrangements.
When should we arrive at your home-base?
When you make your reservation, we will provide an arrival time at our home-base. Since our tours are timed with the tides, the arrival time changes daily.
How do we find you?
Visit the Map of our Location for full details.
How close are you to Fundy National Park?
We are located just a few minutes drive from the campgrounds and chalets in Fundy National Park – just across the bridge from the entrance.
What should we bring on our day/half-day kayak adventure?
We supply everything you need for your day/ half-day adventure including a paddling jacket to keep you warm and dry. Generally, wear clothes you find comfortable – shorts are fine and a tee shirt. You should wear something on your feet that you don’t mind getting wet. There are water bottles on the decks and on most tours we supply a lunch. Suntan lotion is found in our reception room. We supply dry bags for extra clothes and a camera. Full list (add link here).
What should we bring on our multi-day tour?
We supply everything except sleeping bags and personal belongings.
Do you have tours shorter than your half day adventures?
We have a number of two hour tours called “Special Paddles”. We can custom tailor these tours for groups.
I am concerned about tipping over. Does this happen often?
Actually it is quite rare for someone to tip over. We will go over procedures during our dry land training in the event that someone does get wet. Our guides are well trained in rescues in all kinds of conditions. We carry extra clothes to keep warm, an extensive first aid kit, cell phone and other safety related equipment.
Do you have youth discounts and group rates?
The following discounts apply to all half day and full day adventures. (Applicable taxes not included). Youths (part of a family grouping)
- Full day – $90 / participant
- Half-day – $48 / participant
Two Hour Tours & Special Paddles – $45 / participant Family rates available (families of 4 +) Youth Groups (8 + participants) (no charge for group leaders)
- Full day – $85 / participant
- Half-day – $45 / participant
Spring Special – $35 / participant for school groups 10 participants or more Adult Groups
- 8 – 10 people – discount of 10%
- 11+ people – discount of 15%.
I am staying for just a day. Can I kayak with you and see Hopewell Rocks on the same day?
It is best to see the Hopewell Rocks at low tide. You can kayak with FreshAir Adventure around high tide and visit “The Rocks” around low tide. There are several ways of arranging your day. We would be happy to help you with your plans.